Ocean County Military Support Committee
Forging business opportunities, resilience and quality of life for JB MDL and Ocean County through Civic-Military partnerships
- $6.9 BILLION DOLLAR impact.
- 2nd Largest Employer in NJ. (next to the State itself)
- 42,000 people work and live on JB MDL. Consisting of: Active Duty, Guard and Reserve, Civilians, Contractors and Families
- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst was established in 2009.
- The only TRI SERVICE JOINT BASE in the nation: Air Force, Army and Navy.
- Also home to the Coast Guard and Marines.
- NAVAIR ( Naval Air Systems Command ) located on Joint Base Lakehurst, is the second largest employer in Ocean County!
- NAVAIR employees have median income of $90,000 p/year.
The Ocean County Military Support Committee is a recognized, nonprofit 501c3 which consists of business leaders, community partners and local government officials who are unified by a common goal to provide a broad spectrum of support to our military neighbors and the Joint Base MDL installation as a whole.
- Continuous communication and engagement between Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Command, Mission Partners and Tenants, and Ocean County’s business and local government communities.
- Collaboration and partnerships with like-minded organizations such as the Defense Enhancement Coalition (DEC), Burlington County Military Affairs Committee (BCMAC), and other regional and state-wide organizations to effectively coordinate and fulfill mutual needs between the military and civilian communities.
- Identify and highlight superior assets of JB MDL, support shared services opportunities, increase cost-efficiency, help to pursue new missions and protect existing missions at JB MDL
- Support various needs of the families and military community as well as veterans, to maximize their quality of life through guidance, community outreach, fundraising and friendship
- Elevate public awareness of JB MDL, gain advocacy and appreciation for the installation, while building more support and partnerships from the surrounding region.
- Encourage and assist the Ocean County business community in pursuit of business opportunities which maximize local economic development benefitting both the County and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is the nation’s only Tri-Service Joint Base
Board of Directors
Christopher Vaz–Seaside Hts Borough Administrator
Ben Waldron–Exec Director of MODC
Christian Schleuter–RE/MAX Barnegat Bay
Dave McKeon–OC Planning Director
Dana Lancellotti–OC Bus Dev &Tourism
Dina Vicari–Esquire RC Shea and Associates
Frank Lancellotti–Bloomburg Security
Gino Sciorilli–Owner, Ocean Salon Systems
Jeremy Grunin–President, Grunin Properties
Freeholder Joseph H. Vicari
Kim Parker–Owner, Seacoast Clothing
Kathleen Halbing–Annie Mac Insurance
Lori Pepenella–Southern Ocean Chamber
Mary Ann Wissel–President of OC Board of Realtors
Michael Forcella–Ocean County College
Michael Redpath–Owner, Redpath & Associates
Michael Fiure–Ocean County Deputy Administrator
Nina Anuario–Ocean First Bank
Carl Jablonski–Navy Lakehurst Historical Society
Kelly Fliller–Jay and Linda Grunin Foundation
Ralph Wolff–Owner, Jersey Coast Appliance
Susan Quinn–Ocean County Library
Tina Pilot–Pilot Real Estate Group, RE/MAX