Ocean County Military Support Committee
Forging business opportunities, resilience and quality of life for JB MDL and Ocean County through Civic-Military partnerships
- $6.9 BILLION DOLLAR impact.
- 2nd Largest Employer in NJ. (next to the State itself)
- 42,000 people work and live on JB MDL. Consisting of: Active Duty, Guard and Reserve, Civilians, Contractors and Families
- Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst was established in 2009.
- The only TRI SERVICE JOINT BASE in the nation: Air Force, Army and Navy.
- Also home to the Coast Guard and Marines.
- NAVAIR ( Naval Air Systems Command ) located on Joint Base Lakehurst, is the second largest employer in Ocean County!
- NAVAIR employees have median income of $90,000 p/year.
The Ocean County Military Support Committee is a recognized, nonprofit 501c3 which consists of business leaders, community partners and local government officials who are unified by a common goal to provide a broad spectrum of support to our military neighbors and the Joint Base MDL installation as a whole.
- Continuous communication and engagement between Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Command, Mission Partners and Tenants, and Ocean County’s business and local government communities.
- Collaboration and partnerships with like-minded organizations such as the Defense Enhancement Coalition (DEC), Burlington County Military Affairs Committee (BCMAC), and other regional and state-wide organizations to effectively coordinate and fulfill mutual needs between the military and civilian communities.
- Identify and highlight superior assets of JB MDL, support shared services opportunities, increase cost-efficiency, help to pursue new missions and protect existing missions at JB MDL
- Support various needs of the families and military community as well as veterans, to maximize their quality of life through guidance, community outreach, fundraising and friendship
- Elevate public awareness of JB MDL, gain advocacy and appreciation for the installation, while building more support and partnerships from the surrounding region.
- Encourage and assist the Ocean County business community in pursuit of business opportunities which maximize local economic development benefitting both the County and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst is the nation’s only Tri-Service Joint Base
Immediate Past Chairman
Board of Directors
Ocean County Planning Board
Townsquare Media – New Jersey
Naval Civilian Managers Association
Union Home Mortgage
New Jersey Natural Gas
Jay & Linda Grunin Foundation
Ocean County College
Jay & Linda Grunin Foundation
Navy Lakehurst Historical Society
Ocean County Business Development & Tourism
The Link Group @ Keller Williams Realty – West Monmouth
RE/MAX Real Estate, LTD.
Redpath and Associates LLC
American Legion Department of New Jersey
RE/MAX at Barnegat Bay
Ocean Salon Systems
Borough of Seaside Heights
Monmouth-Ocean Development Council (MODC)
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
Jersey Coast Appliance